RECIPE: Chicken and Artichoke Pasta
Chicken and Artichoke Pasta (5 servings)
- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining oil until tender; add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the tomatoes, artichokes, salt and chicken. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in basil. Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture and cheese.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home
Personal Review: We love artichokes. Like love love love artichokes. So I was excited to give this recipe a try.
It was very easy to prepare – makes a great weeknight meal if you want something quick and easy.
My one and only complaint was that I didn’t care for the mushrooms in this one – but I’m pretty picky about mushrooms in my food … Nathan thought they went perfectly in this recipe.
I served this with a salad and garlic bread.