RECIPE: Crispy Onion Chicken
Crispy Onion Chicken (4 servings)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) cheddar or original french-fried onions, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add 1/2 cup-fried onions. Dip chicken in the butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home
Personal Review: This is a recipe that I’ve been making for a few years now. It’s super easy to make, it definitely takes longer to bake than to prepare – something that I appreciate in a recipe now that I have a crazy 9 month old son who can’t sit still!
The only thing that might be a little off-putting to someone is that there is a very distinct mustard taste. It doesn’t bother me, but it is something that you can really taste in this recipe. But then you put the french fried onions on – and who can beat that? Ha!
There’s not much for me to say about this recipe other than that I hope it peaks your interest enough to try it. We definitely enjoy it in our house. Served with a salad, veggie and potato and you’ve got a great meal!
And it makes me realize that I have a million different ways of making chicken