Marce over at Tea Time With Marce is hosting Thrill Week again this year. I missed it last year (I don’t know how I managed to do that – thrillers are my favorite!)
To kick things off she’s posted a questionnaire. Here’s my answers:
1) Introduce yourself
My name is Tara. I’m 27 and from southern Illinois but currently making my home in western Kentucky. I’ve been married to Nathan for 5 years and on May 30 of this year we welcomed our first son, Garrett, into this world. I started blogging in January of 2008 and have enjoyed every minute of it. I mainly read mystery/thrillers, but I have been known to read the occasional romantic suspense, historical fiction some non-fiction. I stay away from most paranormal/fantasy books.
2) What has been your top 3 reads this year? Link your reviews
I am ashamed to admit how few books I have read this year. However I do have a very good reason …. My son 🙂
But to answer the question, in no particular order:
3) What are you currently reading during Thrill Week?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn!
4) Do you have an all time favourite cover in the genres above?
I hate to admit this, but I don’t pay a lot of attention to covers. Sometimes they will catch my eye, but I’m not cover obsessed.
5) What debut author(s) or new to you author(s) have you read within the last 12 months that have impressed you?
In no particular order, these are new-to-me:
- David Ellis
- Scott Turow
- Steven James
6) Favourite trilogy or series you recommend to others to read in the genres above?
I’m a huge series reader! So I’ve got lots of recommendations, but these are my favorites:
- Alex Cross by James Patterson
- Taylor Jackson by J.T. Ellis
- Maggie O’Dell by Alex Kava
- Rizzoli & Isles by Tess Gerritsen
- Lincoln Rhyme by Jeffery Deaver
7) What popular author(s) have you NOT read but is on your Wishlist?
I honestly don’t know. I can’t think of anyone right now.
8) Other than blogs, share with us what other tools you use or subscribe to in order to keep up with the latest news on authors, new releases, book tours, etc?
Goodreads, LibraryThing and Fict Fact are the three main ones I use other than blogs.
9) What current book is hyped among the blogosphere that you want to read or are not interested in? Why or why not or link your review if you have read it.
50 Shades …. I will not be reading it. I have no interest in erotica. But I am currently reading Gone Girl and loving it!
10) What is most important in these genres to you? Plot, characters, location, dialogue, red herrings, narrator or what mix of them?
Plot and characters are most important to me. I like exciting, fast paced plots. And I need well developed characters – which is probably why I am such a big fan of book series.
11) Recommend a book made into movie you thought both were good?
The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly. The book was still better,but I think they did a very good job with the movie too, it stayed pretty true to the book.
12) Recommend a book you would like to discuss with others and possibly the author? Note – I will do a poll with participant’s choices at the end of Thrill Week and then we can agree on a date for Q&A. I will try and arrange the chosen author to participate.
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – just because I’m currently reading it 🙂