Well, finally! I’m actually going to get to participate in Bloggiesta! The last few times it’s been going on I haven’t been able to participate for one reason or another. But this time I will get to. Although probably not as much as I would like to – since I have Garrett and that’s my dad’s birthday weekend and we will have to go up to my parents house for his party one day. Either way, I will get to participate and I have a lot of things I want (READ: NEED!) to accomplish!
So here’s my list of things that I want to accomplish:
- New layout – yeah, I’ve about gotten sick of the design that I have right now. It’s time to get something new in here.
- Work on my review index – I went crazy a long time ago and deleted the entire thing – without making a back up. (STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!) I wanted to change the format of it. But now I have managed to put the list back together, however I still have to link all my reviews back on it now.
- Schedule some posts – Things like Top Ten Tuesdays already have the topics listed for future dates. I want to browse through those and see if there’s anything I can schedule. Plus I have some review books that I need to go ahead and get the post formatted so I can be ready to just start typing the review portion rather than the whole thing.
- I need to clean out my Google Reader – I know this technically is not part of my actual blog itself, but I haven’t done this in ages, and I know I have a lot of subscriptions that are no longer active – need to get those out of there and get some new subscriptions in there instead 🙂
- I want to work on a calendar of sorts to keep around the house so that I can see what I have coming up on the blog as well as what I need to get to – just something to help me become a little more organized and hopefully help me post some stuff.
- Whip up a few more recipe posts – I have quite a few recipes that I have recently tried and I want to be able to post one new recipe a week … so if I could get some of those posts scheduled it would be a help.
- I desperately need to figure out how to get some buttons – you know, like the “Find Me On” type of stuff – Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Paperbackswap, ETC. I know that WordPress has a particular theme that has that already built in but I have stumbled across another book blogger who has the same exact theme and I really don’t want to “copy” her theme just so I can have those particular buttons, lol.
- And anything else I can think of – I’m not good at making lists. I tend to forget things that need to make the list. So whatever else comes up, I hope to accomplish 🙂
This is probably a bit much for me to tackle, considering I have a 3.5 month old baby (who will be celebrating turning 4 months on Sept. 30th!) and a birthday party that weekend. But that’s okay – whatever I get done will be fine for me 🙂
Definitely looking forward to participating!!