Design credit: Sarah of Puss Reboots
Hello, hello! I’m super excited to participate in Armchair BEA this year! For whatever reason I have never participated in this and decided that this was the year to jump right in 🙂
So on this kick-off day we are supposed to post our introductions. Here are the five questions that I’m choosing to answer:
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
- My name is Tara. I’m 27 years old. My husband and I have one son, Garrett, who will be celebrating his first (!) birthday this week on the 30th.
- I have been blogging since January 1, 2008. Sometime in late 2007 I stumbled across some various reading groups on Yahoo. Through those I found the book blog world. I guess I just decided why not? My blog was born on 1/1/08 on Blogger. Sometime in December of 2008 I made the switch to WordPress.
- Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures.
- I am blogging from Paducah, Kentucky. We are originally from Harrisburg, Illinois, but have been living in Paducah (which is about 1 hour from “home”) since April of 2008 when my husband took a job with the city.
- Paducah’s claim to fame is that we are the Quilt Capital of the World. No joke. Every April people swarm our area for a quilt show that is put on downtown. It’s a nightmare for those of us who live here, but it brings a lot of money to our town.
- Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event?
- This is my first time participating in Armchair BEA!
- My online presence is a lot like my real-life presence – I’m shy, quiet and I keep to myself a lot. In other words I don’t comment nearly as much as I should and I tend to not participate in events like these.
- I figured it was time to participate in this. I remember seeing everyone’s posts last year and really regretted not joining in last year so I figured this year would be the year to hop in!
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?
- I am reading The Third Option by Vince Flynn. I should be reading a review book – but I needed a break from review books since 6 of my last 7 reads were review books … time to knock one off my TBR 🙂
- I’ve read a lot of great books so far this year! I’m really excited with what I’ve read!! So far I’ve finished 22 books and I already have 3 Top 10 quality reads….
- Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s).
- In no particular order:
- Trish at Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity – Trish has managed to really break the book blog mold, she does so much more than just books and she does it so effortlessly it seems. I’m always anxious to see what she will post next!
- Wendy at Musings of a Bookish Kitty – I’ve “known” Wendy through a Yahoo group for a while. She is a go-to for book reviews for me – I’m always finding new goodies from her blog! Highly recommend checking her blog out if you have the chance. Plus I’ve enjoyed watching her Mouse grow on Facebook and her blog 🙂
- Sam at Booked on a Feeling – Sam has been a follower of mine for a few years now and I really always enjoy what she posts. She writes some good reviews, we read just about the same type of books and I really enjoy her blog.
- Jackie at Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories – I’ve “known” Jackie for a few years now. I always enjoy having her stop by my blog and comment and I love to read her blog – even though I don’t comment nearly enough, I hope she knows I read regularly 🙂
- Stacy at Stacy’s Books – I stumbled across Stacy a year or so ago and really enjoyed her Sunday’s with Gage series that she sadly retired this year (which is understandable – it had to be a ton of work! But what a wonderful record she has now!) She’s also got some great reviews and her weekly quizzes are always fun!!
- In no particular order: