Well, here we are at the fifth TBR Challenge checkpoint.
I didn’t write a checkpoint post last month, because I failed to read anything for this challenge in April. Boo 😦
Going into May I was three books behind. Oops. However, I read two books for this challenge in May and got (almost) caught back up! Woo!
First up was The Paris Vendetta by Steve Berry. I always love me some Cotton Malone. But I keep getting further and further behind in this series because his books seem to take me a long time to read. They can be very detailed and can sometimes take me a week or two to read just one book. So far I think I’ve only been averaging one of these books a year (see why I can’t get caught up?!) This one was good, but overall I enjoyed the character development more than I liked the plot.
Then I was finally introduced to Stone Barrington with New York Dead by Stuart Woods. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed this book! It was a lot of fun from page 1! It was definitely the right book at the right moment for me, too. Definitely leaves me wanting more Stone Barrington!
I’m not sure where I’ll head next with my list for this challenge. Here’s what I’ve still got left to choose from, which one would you choose next!??!:
- The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
- A Time to Kill by John Grisham
- The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy McDermott
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- Relic by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- Trunk Music by Michael Connelly
- Killing Floor by Lee Child
- Mallory’s Oracle by Carol O’Connell
- McNally’s Secret by Lawrence Sanders