Well, here we are at the sixth TBR Challenge checkpoint.
In June I managed to read one book off my list. I’m still technically one book behind, but at least I didn’t get any further behind 🙂
This month I chose to read Killing Floor by Lee Child. I had actually tried to read this book last year and ended up putting it aside. I held onto my copy though, because I knew that I wanted to try again with this book. So I took it with me on vacation and gobbled it up! I read all 524 pages the first 3 days of my 4 day trip. I will admit I skipped out on some stuff with the group of people just to sneak in a few more pages. (Yes, I am anti-social like that).
Overall, I’m glad I finally read this first installment to the Jack Reacher series. However, I am so upset with myself that I watched the Jack Reacher movie before meeting Jack Reacher in the book. Boo. It kind of ruined it a little bit for me. Because having the description of Jack Reacher that Mr. Child gives in this book and yet constantly picturing Tom Cruise … well, it’s disappointing really. Couldn’t Hollywood do a little better casting?! After reading this book and really thinking on it … Jason Statham. That’s who I’d cast.
I’m not sure where I’ll head next with my list for this challenge. Here’s what I’ve still got left to choose from, which one would you choose next!??!:
- The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
- A Time to Kill by John Grisham
- The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy McDermott
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- Relic by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- Trunk Music by Michael Connelly
- Mallory’s Oracle by Carol O’Connell
- McNally’s Secret by Lawrence Sanders