Well, here we are at the eighth TBR Challenge checkpoint.
I continue to be one book behind in this challenge, but I was able to knock out A Time to Kill by John Grisham in August. I still can’t believe that I had never read this book before. I really, really enjoyed it and highly recommend it to everyone. I am so glad that I read it; especially at a time when we have had a lot of unrest in the Midwest because of race issues. Definitely a timeless classic book in my opinion.
I’m not sure where I’ll head next with my list for this challenge. I have picked up The Dante Club and Relic a couple of times and set them both aside … I have a feeling I will need to use both of my alternates. Here’s what I’ve still got left to choose from, which one would you choose next!??!:
- The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
- The Hunt for Atlantis by Andy McDermott
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- Relic by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- Mallory’s Oracle by Carol O’Connell
- McNally’s Secret by Lawrence Sanders