The topic this week is …Top Authors I’ve Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More
I have a tendency to read the first book in a series and then never moving on. So I have a lot of authors I’ve only read one book from that I would love to read more from! In no particular order:
- Chris Pavone … I read The Accident earlier this year and LOVED it! I also snatched up his debut, The Expats on my Nook when it was on sale for like $1.99 a few months back, but have yet to read it….
- Lee Child … I read Killing Floor a few months ago and enjoyed it. But I have yet to continue on with the series … for no good reason at all … other than time ;)
- Marcia Clark … I read The Competition on a whim just last month and really, really enjoyed it. I also have her first book on my physical TBR shelf and I *NEED* to get to it soon!
- Chevy Stevens … I read Still Missing back in 2011 and really enjoyed it, but haven’t read anything else by Ms. Stevens … and I have another book of hers on my shelf (actually it’s an ARC that I was sent and never got to … oops)
- Karin Slaughter … I read Blindsighted last year and enjoyed it, but once again I have that terrible habit of starting with the first book in a series and then never going any further.
- Ted Bell … I read Hawke last year and well, I’m sure you can fill in the blanks (just follow the pattern that seems to be appearing rather obvious.)
- Scott Turow … It actually took me a couple of times to get into Presumed Innocent, but once I finally persevered past that 50 page mark I loved it! And have yet to read anything else by Mr Turow…
- James Rollins … I read Sandstorm while I was pregnant with Garrett and enjoyed it. But somewhere along the line I have managed to collect a few more of Rollins’ books on my shelves, but they continue to sit unread.
- Adam Mitzner … I scored an ARC of A Case of Redemption last year and enjoyed it a lot. Enough to make me go out and purchase Mr. Mitzner’s first book, which I never read. *Sigh*
- Kate White … I read Eyes on You in conjunction with a book tour and enjoyed it. I have had The Sixes on my shelf forever … I keep saying “one day”.
Wow … I have a really bad habit of reading an author one time with every intention of continuing on with the series or backlist just to proceed to fail, miserably.
Too many books … not enough time.