Okay, so I’m not even sure about how many people actually follow this blog. However, I’ve been thinking about making some changes. I have tried to keep this blog strictly for book related things. However, the more I browse other people’s blogs (and see them in my Google Reader) I realize that there’s more to life than just the book reviews. I always love to read little updates about what people are doing in life, whether it be a little post celebrating their pets birthday, or vacation photos, or whatever. But I’ve tried to really keep that stuff to a minimum on this blog. I guess that’s because I was really trying to be anonymous on here (my husband is the only person I know in real life that even knows I have a blog, and he’s only seen it a few rare times). So I’m going to be imposing a few changes around here and wanted to let everyone know what’s up….
- I will be probably be posting random life posts. If I have a bad day at work, you might read about it. If I have a super cute picture of our puppy, Buster, you’ll probably see it. If you don’t like this, I’m sorry. But don’t fret, I probably won’t be going post crazy with this stuff.
- From now on, to keep things neat and tidy, all my review posts will begin with “REVIEW” That way people can scroll through quickly in their reader and be able to quickly pick out the reviews.
- I’m also going to be fiddling with my categories/tags. I’m not really pleased with how they’re set up, so bear with me on that.
- I’m also going to start working on my indexing around here. I like the Pages options of WordPress, and I’m going to really start to play around with them and get it set up the way I really want it done.
- I’m going to make an effort to do some more weekly memes. I currently am only doing Mailbox Monday (which is really helping me keep track of the books that are coming in the house). I’ve done Friday Fill Ins and Booking Through Thursday in the past. You might see me doing some more of those.
- I’m also going to be doing some tweaking to the way I format my reviews. I know that it’s minimalistic but I would like to really work on expanding my opinions of the book. Rather than stating “I really liked this one” I want to be a little more involved in my review. Who knows what I’ll come up with, but keep in mind that it’s going to be a work in progress for a while.
- I’ve decided that I really want to spend some time reading books in the series that I’ve got going on right now. If you see my page about the book series I’m reading, you’d be amazed at how many I’ve got going. Well, for some reason I’m really on a series kick, plus I’m not really all that interested in some of my reading challenges, so who knows where my reading is going to take me, but you might see me not mentioning any new challenges for quite some time because right now it’s not where my interest is.
So that’s what I’ve thought up so far. Who knows what other changes you’re going to be seeing around here. Who knows how many people could actually care, lol. I sometimes feel like I’m neglecting this blog. And I really am proud of it, I’ve been blogging since January 1st of 2008 and I feel like I really need to make some changes in the way that I read, blog and review. So please bear with me in the future 🙂