Okay, so I participated in the first two What’s in a Name challenges. I passed on this year’s challenge because I had wanted to step away from challenges a little bit. But I enjoyed this challenge when I participated, so I am going to pick it up again for 2011. I need more challenges like I need a hole in my head, but I simply can’t resist 🙂 Besides, I told myself a total of 5 for this year – and I’m not there yet 🙂 Anyways, here are the rules:
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
- A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
- A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler’s Wife
- A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
- A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
Other Things to Know
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order
So there you have it. For the most part, I have books that will fit into each of the categories. Here is my tentative list: