Top Ten Books I Read Because Of Another Blogger (In honor of BBAW!)
Okay, so I went back through my review index here on the blog to make my picks for this week’s topic. I only have 6 on my list … I would have had more, but there were quite a few books I had read based on blogger recommendations that I just didn’t like. I omitted those. And I must admit that for most of these books I simply cannot remember what blogger helped me make my decision. So, here’s my list:
In alphabetical order:
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher …. I had seen this one here and there around the book blog world, not sure whose review eventually made me want to read this book, but I am so glad that I did. I absolutely devoured this book. I would highly recommend this book.
- BoneMan’s Daughter by Ted Dekker …. I read this one back in 2009 on the recommendation of another blogger and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking back at my review, I had an issue with the ending, but it’s been so long ago that I don’t remember what that issue was (I really should keep better notes on paper for times like this!).
- The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky …. I also read this one in 2009, and while I don’t remember a whole lot of it, I remember the bare bones of what it was about. I also remember enjoying it. And now I’m sitting here wondering to myself why I haven’t read anything else by Barbara Delinsky since then…
- 31 Bond Street by Ellen Horan …. I don’t normally read a lot of historical fiction. But every time I do I thoroughly enjoy it. This one made my Top Ten list last year. I thoroughly enjoyed it and read it based on the recommendation of Wendy at Caribousmom.
- The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard …. I have no idea who made me get my hands on this book, and although I read it a few years ago and obviously most of my recollection of this book is a little limited, I will say that I still remember really liking this book.
- Still Missing by Chevy Stevens …. Wow. I am 100% certain that this book is going to make my Top Ten books for 2011. I loved it. I have seen it all over the book blog-o-sphere, but it was Samantha at Booked on a Feeling whose review finally made me pick this one up.