This week’s question asks:
Top ten bookish people you want to meet.
I don’t know if I will be able to get to 10 with this question, but I have a good blend of bloggers and authors. In no particular order:
- Trish at Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity – because she seems to be such a cool person and her daughter is gorgeous! Plus she has the greatest post ideas, ever! I only wish I could come up with half the cool ideas she does. I love how she has been able to combine cooking, reading, vacationing, family and whatever else kind of post she can come up with and make it work 100%. If you don’t “know” Trish you are sooooo missing out!
- Samantha at Booked on a Feeling – because she’s awesome. She’s been a follower/commenter of mine since I can remember and she has always had great things to say. Oh and we like pretty much the same type of books 🙂
- Jackie over at House Wife Blues and Chihuahua Stories – Jackie stumbled across my blog a year or two ago and I have enjoyed getting to know her. She’s had a rough couple of years in her personal life and I respect her for everything she has been through. She’s just a very nice person and while we don’t read the same type of books, I think it would be a lot of fun to sit down over coffee in a bookstore and chat with her.
- Wendy of Caribousmom – I first “met” Wendy in a Yahoo reading group that we both belong to. I soon found out that she has a beyond awesome blog. And in my opinion, she is one of the biggest names out there in the book blogosphere. Yet she’s so down to earth and nice. I have found a lot of awesome books through her blog and if you don’t know her blog, definitely check it out.
- Mary Higgins Clark – I want to know how this woman does it time and time again. Her books are amazing. I would love to be able to pick her brain a little bit. She seems to timeless. Her books are awesome!
- Stephen King – I will admit I haven’t been such a big fan of his recent stuff. But his older books, oh my goodness. Creepy doesn’t even catch it! This guy must have the most messed up dreams on the planet and I would love to be able to chat with him.
- Brad Meltzer – I will admit, I actually haven’t read many of his books. However, I follow him on Twitter and am a huge fan of his show Decoded (Please, History Channel – I would love a 3rd season!). But seriously, this guy seems to be one of the funniest guys out there. He’s got one of those perfectly sarcastic senses of humor and I would love to meet and talk with him
- James Patterson – I have so many questions for this guy. Number one being – why do you feel the need to put so many frickin’ books out in a year? Don’t get me wrong, I like his books, but seriously … I would think his prolificness would put pressure on other authors to produce like he does – and lets all be honest here, I bet he only writes one book a year himself, I’m a firm believer that his co-authors do all the work on the other books.
Well that’s all I’ve got. I had fun this week and am already looking forward to next week’s topic 🙂
1 thought on “Top Ten Tuesday – Sept. 18, 2012”
Tara you are one of the people that I would like to meet and greet over a brew (beverage of choice on my part being Dr Pepper not coffee or alcohol) as well just to if nothing else talk about all the wonderful sights you have seen on your vacations both as an unmarried young woman and those you and Nathan have taken together.
I do enjoy and would love to also chat with James Patterson, he is one of those authors who entertain me greatly and yet I have not managed to read nearly enough of his work. Like you one of my favorite characters is Alex Cross, my husband and I love to watch the movies made from the books especially “Kiss The Girls” with Morgan Freeman and Ashely Judd as it is one that breaks my heart for the kidnapped women and at the same time makes me shiver as the net closes on the criminals during the final takedowns.
Thanks for including me on your list today, it really made me smile to see that up there in print!