Cheesy Turkey Nachos
- 1 package corn tortillas, each cut in 6 wedges
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 4 ounces ground turkey
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 1/2 can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 425. Spread tortilla wedges on two baking sheets. Bake 5 minutes. Flip over. Spray with Pam, bake 5 minutes, until crispy.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add turkey and bell pepper. Cook until browned. Stir in tomato sauce and 1/3 cup water. Add taco seasoning. Cook 4 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350. Line bottom and sides of a 9×13″ pan with tortilla chips.
- Spoon turkey mixture, beans and salsa over chips. Top with green onions and cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
Recipe Source: SimpleMeals Yahoo Group
Personal Review: I love nachos in almost any shape and form. Love them. So I was excited when I first came across this recipe in a Yahoo recipe group I belong to. Not going to lie, I was a little nervous about the ground turkey. However, I definitely recommend sticking with that (ground beef could easily be used in its place though).
Another thing … I totally cheated and used packaged tortilla chips. Why? Well, let’s just say that it involved a lot of smoke in my house (should have taken a picture of the burned beyond recognition tortilla chips I “made” … would have been a “nailed it” picture!)
Either way, this recipe was really good. So, so easy! And the best thing … it was toddler approved in my house!