Skillet Chicken Parmigiana (Serves: 4)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/3 cup Progresso™ Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- Between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness. In shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. In another shallow dish, beat egg. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center. Pour pasta sauce around chicken in skillet; heat until hot. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chicken.
Recipe Source: Betty Crocker
Personal Review: I need fast, easy, and toddler friendly recipes these days. This particular recipe meets all three requirements!
I was able to throw this one together on a weeknight, from start to finish, in about 35 minutes. And it was SO GOOD! It was even a big hit with our 3-year-old, who is slightly picky. I served it with a small side of spaghetti with meatless sauce, garlic bread and a salad.
Highly, highly recommended. It seriously tastes just as good (if not better because I could control the amount of cheese & sauce to use) as any chicken parm I’ve ever gotten in a restaurant.