Oreo & Fudge Ice Cream Cake (12 servings)
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 8 OREO Cookies, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- Pour fudge topping into medium bowl. Whisk in 1 cup COOL WHIP. Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 min. Stir in chopped cookies.
- Arrange 4 ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on 24-inch-long sheet of foil; top with half the COOL WHIP mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sandwiches. Frost top and sides with remaining COOL WHIP. Bring up foil sides; double fold top and ends to loosely seal packet.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
Recipe Source: Kraft Recipes
Personal Review: Here’s something I’ve never shared with my readers … a dessert! Why, you might ask? Because I don’t make dessert very often. I have two go-to recipes for dessert … this is one of them (and the easiest).
I make this every year for Easter dinner and it is always a huge hit. I would make it more often if it wasn’t so addicting, ha!
I will say that if you make this and you have trouble getting everything to mix together in step 1, add a splash of milk to thin it out some. By the way, you don’t *need* to buy an entire package of Oreos … I just do it because I’m an Oreo freak 🙂