Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Book Blogger/A Bookish Person
Okay so I haven’t participated in one of these in forever and I thought I’d go ahead and jump on in with this week’s question. I don’t know that I will be able to come up with ten, but we will see.
- Last night I was in Wal-Mart grocery shopping, as we were passing the book section I saw this little girl who was probably 8 begging her dad to look at the books. Being a book lover myself, I get butterflies in my stomach every time I see a child wanting to read. With all the TV, video games, movies, blah blah blah, it warms my heart to see a child who wants to look at books. I love that.
- I love interacting with other readers on my blog and other people’s blogs. Commenting back and forth is such a wonderful experience when you’re talking about books. I love that!
- I love all the great books that I find out about that I might not have ever heard of otherwise through various people’s blogs. It has really expanded my reading horizons.
- Being a little OCD about organizing my books, I really love that there are all kinds of different books sites out there – Goodreads, Shelfari, Library Thing. I use all three sites in one form or another and love being able to organize them in different ways than I have on my shelves.
- PaperBackSwap. Do I really have to elaborate on this? This one site has single-handedly grown my book collection into unimaginable proportions. I can’t stay away from it. I am addicted. (Oh and I’m a member of BookMooch as well).
- Yahoo groups have some really great reading groups. MostlyBooks is probably my favorite. But there’s also ANovelChallenge which is the sister group to the ANovelChallenge blog.
- Reading Challenges. I am addicted to those as well. I try to keep my participation to as few as possible because I always feel like a failure when I don’t complete a challenge (even though, I know that that is not the case at all).
- I love that there are people all over the world who have various blogs and talk about their love for books. Me being in the United States I was in shock and awe when I first found out that there are people all over coming together in the book blog world to share their love for books. That’s a wonderful thing in my opinion.
Well, I think that’s it. Some of these I don’t think I really explained myself in the best way possible, but this particular post was hard for me to put words to my feelings on all these things. I love being a bookworm, it is something that I am proud of. I love that I can bring my love for books out through the posts on my blog for others all the world over to see. The book blog community is wonderful and I am so glad that I am a part of it. 🙂