Garlic Cheddar Chicken (4 servings)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Recipe Source: Allrecipes.com
Personal Review: This recipe is a favorite in our house! It’s sooo easy and delicious. I always add a little more garlic than the recipe calls for (we are big garlic fans) and I really just eyeball the cheddar cheese (which we love too, haha!). I almost always have to cook the chicken for longer than the recipe calls for – I don’t know if it’s my oven or if I just have really thicken chicken breasts, but I almost always have to cook the chicken for at least 40-45 minutes. I serve this with some au gratin or scalloped potatoes and some kind of green veggie or salad. I hope this one appeals to you and you enjoy it as much as we do 🙂
2 thoughts on “RECIPE: Garlic Cheddar Chicken”
Looks yummy! I’ll have to try it. We love garlic and cheese here too 🙂
Garlic and cheese are staples in my house 🙂
I hope you enjoy it if you try it!