Fettuccine Alfredo (4 servings)
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. fettuccine, cooked, drained
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Mix cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk, butter, white pepper and garlic powder in medium saucepan; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Toss with hot fettuccine. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Recipe Source: Kraft Recipes
Personal Review: I am like a fettuccine alfredo addict! Seriously. It is my absolute favorite pasta, ever.
I have been making this recipe since I was a junior in college in my very first apartment! It’s not necessarily “the best” alfredo sauce I’ve ever had, but I like it because it’s an easy meal to put together on a weeknight. I always add a smidge more parmesan cheese to this recipe, and I never measure out the garlic powder or white pepper. And I omit the nutmeg.
I highly recommend adding more parmesan cheese than the directions call for. Since this recipe doesn’t use whipping cream, the extra cheese adds much more flavor to the sauce.