Well… Bout of Books is over! Whew. Let’s just briefly recap what my original goals were:
- Read at least 100 pages each day.
- Load my recently acquired e-galleys onto my Nook and start at least one of them.
- Make some more progress on my current read, a 750+ page chunkster! (I’m on page 335)
- Participate in at least 1 challenge.
- Visit at least 5 new blogs each day. And comment
So … how did I do?
- I didn’t make it to 100 pages each day … although I did on two days!
- I did load, start and finish one of the above mentioned e-galleys.
- I read 223 pages in the chunkster that I’m *still* reading.
- I participated in Doing Dewey‘s challenge, introducing people to my favorite genre.
- And I visited lots of new-to-me blogs, but only left comments on 8 of them.
Here’s my final totals:
- Time spent reading: 7 hours 36 minutes
- Pages read: 467
- Books finished: 1
I’m very pleased with how things with for me this time around. I had participated in Bout of Books once before a while back, but stumbled along the way and never even came close to finishing. However, this time around I was very pleased with my progress. I could have done a lot better had I not had two work days from hell … you know those days that you just want to come home, crawl into bed and go to sleep. And that’s exactly what I did! But really, I have a 19 month old son who keeps me on my toes constantly. I worked two days. And I didn’t officially sign up until Tuesday. … I consider this week a success! 🙂
Not sure I will participate in the May Bout of Books simply because that week is our 7 year wedding anniversary, two weeks before Garrett’s 2nd birthday and one week before my best friend’s bachelorette party. I will have a lot on my plate that week, so we shall see, but I’m seriously considering it.