*Clicking on the image will take you to the information page on Book Chick City’s site.
This is always my favorite reading challenge! Mystery and Suspense books are my absolute favorites! So naturally I’m always looking forward to this book year after year! This year there’s a slight change, there has been two levels added. Any other year I would probably choose to go with the second level (24), but since 2012 is likely to be insane for me with Baby Boy due in June, I’m just going to stick with 12 books. Read on for what the instructions are:
• Timeline: 01 Jan 2012 – 31 Dec 2012
• Rules: There are TWO LEVELS you can choose from:
– Read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2012 – Read TWENTY FOUR (24) mystery & suspense novels in 2012
• You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
• You can join at anytime. All books read in 2012 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.
• At the beginning of Jan 2012, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews.
• Audiobooks do not count, but all other formats are accepted.
• This challenge can crossover to other challenges.
• You can choose from the numerous sub-genres of mystery and suspense, from cosy mysteries such as Agatha Christie to the more hard-boiled kind like V I Warshawski by Sara Paretsky, or romantic suspense written by the likes of Linda Howard, forensic crime such as those written by Kathy Reichs and even paranormal/supernatural suspense such as Kelley Armstrong. I’m sure this challenge will have something for everyone! 🙂
To help you figure out and decide, I have updated a sub-genre list – to view this list go HERE.