Skillet Beef & Potatoes (4 servings)
- 3 medium potatoes, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper blend
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Place potatoes, water and salt in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Season beef with pepper blend. In a large skillet, stir-fry beef and onion in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in another skillet, stir-fry potatoes in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in beef mixture. Sprinkle with rosemary.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home
Personal Review: Wow, I really thought this was a great recipe!! It was very easy and came together quickly for a perfect weeknight meal.
I never knew you could cook potatoes in water in the microwave. Talk about speeding things up. When I finally had them in the skillet I added a little bit of seasoned salt to them (it’s what we like on our fried potatoes).
This meal had good flavoring. I recommend using a better steak cut than I used (flank steak) because some of the pieces of meat were a little tough (but it didn’t take away from the enjoyment of the meal for us).
I served this with rice because it’s what I had on hand … I really need to get better about planning my sides for my meals. A nice side salad would be the perfect complement to this meal.
Definitely a recipe that’s going to be a keeper in our house.