Garlic Roast Beef Sandwiches (6 servings)
- 1 loaf (10 ounces) frozen garlic bread
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound shaved deli roast beef
- 6 slices Colby cheese
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer each half of garlic bread with roast beef, mushroom mixture and cheese. Return to oven; bake for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home
Personal Review: I used to relish long recipes that allowed me to stay in the kitchen for quite some time preparing dinner. Now with a 9.5 month old son and a job outside the home, I live for the quickest recipes I can find. This recipe fits the bill.
I’m not huge on mushrooms in general, so I ended up picking them off my pieces of the bread. But the rest of the recipe was delicious in my opinion.
There’s not much to say about this recipe – except don’t let the bread slip on the baking pan …. I had just gotten everything all layered perfectly and on neatly and then when I went to put the bread back in the oven it shifted and made a mess everywhere … frustrating!
Overall a tasty and quick recipe that is sure to please.
1 thought on “RECIPE: Garlic Roast Beef Sandwiches”
Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is collecting links to dishes using garlic. I do hope you link this in. This is the link . Please do check out some of the other links – there are a lot of good ones already. Cheers
PS I also have some book link ups going that you might be interested in.