The Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. I decided to join in this week. Here’s the question and my answer:
Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read in 2011
In no particular order:
- The Anatomy of Deception by Lawrence Goldstone – I received this book in the summer of 2010 from Paperbackswap, I need to read this book this year.
- Revoultion by Jennifer Donnelly – I won this book in a giveaway and I am so anxious to read it!
- The Tenth Justice by Brad Meltzer – I read and reviewed a digital ARC of The Inner Circle in December and I absolutely loved it so I am wanting to go back and read through Mr. Meltzer’s book list.
- The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl – I have had this book on my shelf for three years, I need to read it this year.
- The Insanity File: The Case of Mary Todd Lincoln by Mark E. Neely, Jr. & R. Gerald McMurtry – I have had this book on my shelf for almost two years after waiting on the wish list on PBS for over a year, I definitely need to get to this book this year.
- Blood on the Moon: The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln by Edward Steers, Jr. – I bought this book a LONG time ago, like 5+ years ago, I think it’s more than time to read this one.
- Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi & Curt Gentry – This is another book that has been on my shelf for way too long, definitely a great year to get to this one.
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – 2011 seems like a great year to finally read this book!
- The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks – Received this book late in 2010, after having my eye on it for some time; definitely want to get to this book this year!
- The Sum of All Fears by Tom Clancy – Okay, so this one is a little sentimental for me. The very first date I had with my husband was in June of 2002 and we went and saw “The Sum of All Fears” at our local movie theater. I want to read this book (and watch the movie with my husband again!)