So this week instead of participating in the Top Ten Tuesday (because this is the second week in a row where the topic just didn’t speak to me), I want to line out some things that I hope to accomplish on this blog in the next couple of weeks. I was unable to participate in the Bloggiesta this year because I was out of town (very disappointing to me). But I really do need to clean some stuff up on this blog and get it back into tip-top shape. So the next few weeks I’m going to be working on some things around here that will help me make the most out of my blog.
- Find a new theme! I’m sick of this layout. I prefer the three-column set-up, but I kind of feel as if a two-column layout would be neater. This is definitely a priority, but not an immediate one. COMPLETED 1/24/11
- Clean up my blog roll. I don’t think it’s necessarily out-of-date, but it’s definitely not as extensive as it should be. I’m contemplating getting rid of the sidebar blog roll, and instead making a whole new page for it. Haven’t decided yet. (Also need to go through my Google Reader.)
- Clean up my book series pages. I have them separated into three different pages, one for ones I’m working on, one for ones I’m unsure about, and one for ones that I want to try. I need to try and condense more and make it neater. I’m not sure where I want to go with this just yet, but I need a new direction for it. COMPLETED 1/26/11
- Clean up my past reading challenges pages. I’ve got them separated by year, and I like the way that I’ve done that, but I don’t really like the format that I’ve used, I need to tweak that a little bit. COMPLETED 1/25/11
- Find out how to get buttons. For Facebook, Twitter, PBS, you get the point. Right now I’ve just got links, I want the cute buttons everyone has!
- Tackle the TBR list. Oh my. I need to re-organize my shelves anyway, so I’m going to take an inventory as I go and then re-do my list on the blog.
- I want to tweak my past year’s reading logs. I’ve evolved it over the past couple of years, but I need something new. I love seeing other people’s blogs with all the book covers included in their reading lists. I need to figure out something new.
Well there it is, I have 7 things that I really want to work on in the next couple of weeks to make my blog not only more user-friendly for others to navigate, but also nicer to look at. I have no idea where this will take me, but I’m definitely looking forward to spending some time with my blog and really getting it set up more the way that’s in my head than what’s on the site 🙂